Sadly, they seem to have a lot in common. Including what they say.
One is a heir from a wealthy East Coast family who has extreme personality disorders and uses his day job as a materialistic Wall Street investment banker as cover for leading a double life as a serial killer.
The other is a heir from a wealthy East Coast family who has extreme personality disorders and uses his day job as a materialistic New York real estate tycoon as cover for leading a double life as a politician.
But can you tell the difference between the two?
Here, 21 quotes from Donald J. Trump and Patrick Bateman. Answer key of who said what—Trump, Bateman …or both below:
1. “You’re a fucking ugly bitch. I want to stab you to death, and then play around with your blood.”
3. “That’s a very fine chardonnay you’re drinking. I want you to clean your vagina.”
4. “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass.”
6. “I’m trying to listen to the new Robert Palmer tape, but Evelyn, my supposed fiancée, keeps buzzing in my ear.”
7. “She cheated on him like a dog and will do it again—just watch. He can do much better.”
8. “I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don’t know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.”
9. “I don’t want to talk about it.”
10. “I have to return some videotapes.”
11. “The beauty of me is that I’m very rich.”
12. “This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.”
14. “Don’t touch the watch.”
15. “I’m on a diet.”
16. “I think their undisputed masterpiece is “Hip to be Square”, a song so catchy, most people probably don’t listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it’s not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it’s also a personal statement about the band itself.”
17. “Well, you can always be thinner… look better.”
18. “Not quite blonde, are we? More of a dirty blonde.”
19. “There is an idea of a _____ _____; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable… I simply am not there.”
20. “My fingers are long and beautiful, as, it has been well documented, are various other parts of my body.”
21. “You’re disgusting.’
Answer Key: 1) Bateman 2) Both 3) Bateman 4) Trump 5) Both 6) Bateman 7) Trump 8) Both 9) Both 10) Both 11) Trump 12) Bateman 13) Bateman 14) Both 14) Both 16) Bateman 17) Both 18) Both 19) Bateman 20) Trump 21) Both